Held every two years, the Hasselblad Masters competition is open not only to users of medium or large format cameras but also to active professionals with more than three years of experience using cameras that offer resolutions of 16MP or above.
This year, Hasselblad received more than 4000 entries from which 12 Masters were selected, each in their own categories.
The winners are:
– Architecture: Martin Schubert, Denmark
– Editorial: Antonio Pedrosa, Portugal
– General: Roman Jehanno, France
– Fashion/Beauty: Bara Prasilova, Czech Republic
– Fine Art: Rafal Maleszyk, United States
– Landscapes/Nature: Hengki Koentjoro, Indonesia
– Portrait: Dmitry Ageev, Russian Federation
– Product: Bryn Griffiths, United Kingdom
– Project/21: Paul Gisbrecht, Germany
– Underwater: Chris Straley, United States
– Wedding/Social: Joseph Goh Meng Huat, Singapore
– Wildlife: Rafael Rojas, Switzerland
“We’re delighted with the number of entries the Hasselblad Masters 2014 competition attracted,” says Hasselblad’s global photographer relations manager, Paul Waterworth, in a prepared statement. “The standard was extraordinarily high this time around, and the category winners can be truly proud of their achievements. It’s a sign of the prestige that is now attached to this competition that it is attracting entries from some of the best photographers working in the world today, and when you look at the winners as a group you realise just how special your work must be to be named a Master.”